Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Multi-Channel journey experience with a telecom service provider - II

Continuing from the Part I, we avoided doing a name change and continued with updates only to contact and email. However, a time came when I moved out and subsequently asked other folks to update the email/contact.

They updated only the mail! Further, I applied for a new connection with the same provider at my new location in the city. So, in their system, my contact no. was listed under two connections and surprisingly, no intelligence has been built to consolidate connections on the basis of contact. 

Imagine my situation now, I am paying regularly for my new connection and I keep getting calls to pay my dues for the earlier connection. How good an experience is that? :-(

And even if I try to inform about my helplessness, they are constrained as the system does not allow them to do so (the enterprise seriously need to go and learn some basic of customer service). the reason. the calls I get is from departments such as revenue collection and customer retention department and no amount of CRM technology will help them until the enterprise is really determined to provide an integrated experience.

I hope by reading the blog, the solutions can be well inferred :)



No comments:

Post a Comment